As the winter quickly approaches it is best to review the basics of a well functioning heating system. Below are five keys to maintaining your system.
1. Have a licensed and qualified heating professional such as your local plumber check your system now
2. Change filters and make certain that all exhaust vents are clear
3. Consider upgrading your heating equipment if it is older that 20 years. Newer heating systems are much more efficient.
4. If possible, consider switching to gas and or supplementing your heating with pellet stoves, etc.
5. Troubleshoot any past issues now to forgo on later problems
We’ve been maintaining and fixing heating systems in Medford, Malden, Beacon Hill, Charlestown, Somerville, Melrose, Wakefield, Burlington Woburn and Reading Ma.